In spite of all precautions and safety programs, releases do occasionally occur. If this happens in your neighborhood, it is imperative that you understand that a pipeline release could mean danger.
RECOGNIZING A RELEASE
- A dense white cloud or fog.
- Dead or discolored vegetation.
- A rainbow sheen on water.
- Petroleum product accumulating on the ground.
- Hissing, blowing or roaring sounds.
- A strange odor - petroleum products have unusual odors which should be easily detected.
Please do not TOUCH or TASTE anything surrounding the suspected release.