MARINER EAST 2 EXPANSION PROJECT
NOTICE OF OPEN SEASON
Sunoco Pipeline L.P. (“SPLP”) held successful open seasons, Project Mariner East and Project Mariner East 2, in 2012 and 2013, respectively, for pipeline transportation of propane, butane and ethane from origin points in Houston, PA, Scio, OH, via Hopedale, OH, and Follansbee Jct., WV (the “NGLs Origin Points”) to the Sunoco Partners Marketing & Terminals L.P. terminal in Marcus Hook, PA and Claymont, DE (the “SPMT Terminal”).
Shippers have expressed interest in an expansion of Project Mariner East 2 to (i) increase the capacity available for transportation of propane and butane from the NGLs Origin Points to the SPMT Terminal, (ii) increase the capacity available for transportation of ethane from Houston, PA to the SPMT Terminal, and (iii) provide capacity for transportation of C3+, natural gasoline and condensate from some or all of the NGLs Origin Points to the SPMT Terminal (Project Mariner East 2, as so expanded the “Mariner East 2 Expansion Project”).
SPLP announces an open season that will provide an opportunity for shippers to support the Mariner East 2 Expansion Project by making volume commitments, thereby becoming “Priority Service Shippers.”
Highlights of Mariner East 2 Expansion Project
- Potential Priority Service Shippers would have the ability to make a volume commitment to the Mariner East 2 Expansion Project for ethane, propane, butane, C3+, natural gasoline or condensate or any combination of such products.
- SPLP will consider providing refined product service as part of the Mariner East 2 Expansion Project if there is sufficient shipper interest in such service. Accordingly, any potential shipper interested in refined product service on the Mariner East 2 Expansion Project should contact Rich Billman at the address below.
- Subject to regulatory approval, the committed volumes of Priority Service Shippers would not be subject to prorationing under ordinary operating conditions.
- Priority Service Shippers would not be exposed to construction cost risk on their volume commitments.
- It is anticipated that the Mariner East 2 Expansion Project would be in-service for the transportation of ethane, propane, butane, C3+ and natural gasoline in 2017 and for condensate in 2017/2018.
Open Season Process
Potential shippers that desire to receive copies of the open season documents are required to execute a Confidentiality Agreement in the form available at www.sunocologistics.com/Mariner-East-2X (the “CA”).
To execute the CA, a potential shipper must:
- Insert its name, jurisdiction of incorporation or formation, email address, and contact information.
- Submit two executed copies to:
Senior Director, Business Development
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.
3807 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Phone: (215) 246-8432
September 10, 2015